Why should I attend?
Help us foster a statewide MTB Collaboration.
Alaskans have created amazing local mountain bike communities but have largely been working in isolation. The Alaska MTB Summit invites all Alaska MTB clubs, bike shops, land managers, bikepackers, youth MTB organizers, group ride leaders, and MTB advocates for a weekend to share, encourage and learn from each other.
What is the point of the summit?
Our goal is to create an Alaska Mountain Bike Alliance.
Join us at Government Peak in the Mat-Su for a weekend of seminars, panel discussions, small groups and social networking. Our goal is to educate and empower all aspects of Alaska’s mountain bike community. Let’s work together to define the future of the Alaskan biking community and organize to succeed together.
Who phould to participate?
The Alaska Mountain Biking Summit welcomes a diverse array of participants, for a broad view of the community.
- Trail Builders and Maintainers: Individuals dedicated to creating, enhancing, and maintaining the trails that fuel our passion.
- Advocates: Those committed to championing mountain biking access, sustainability, and community engagement.
- Local Clubs and Organizations: Representatives of local biking clubs, associations, and non-profits eager to connect and collaborate.
- Land Managers: Professionals responsible for overseeing public lands and trail systems.
- Guide Companies: Experts in providing unique mountain biking experiences and tours.
- Business Owners: Owners of bike shops, gear manufacturers, and related enterprises.
- Riders: Enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels who want to engage, learn, and contribute to the growth of the mountain biking community.
- Bike Parks: Operators of lift-accessed mountain biking, or those who’d like to develop a bike park!
- And anyone else with an interest in mountain biking or the mountain biking community!
What happens after the summit?
That is exactly what we hope to figure out! How can we unite the Mountain biking community across Alaska and what does the community need? Is it trail improvements or expansions, funding for projects, better coordination for races or other programs? We will be collaborating and defining the vision for the future of mountain biking in Alaska and creating an action plan for success.
Where sill the summit be held?
The Summit will be held at the Government Peak Recreation Area (GPRA) Chalet. This is located at the GPRA Trailhead parking lot: N Mountain Trails Dr, Palmer, AK 99645
What should I bring with me?
Your ideas, experience and desire to make improve the mountain biking community in Alaska! We will be providing a collaborative space for discussion, brainstorming and creating a vision to include note pads, pens, etc. We will also be providing Lunch each day, Coffee and some light snacks.
Where do I stay?
Located in Palmer, next door to Back Country Bike & Ski, Owned and operated by a fellow MTB’er!
Book Online and mention you are attending the MTB Summit for a 20% discount!
Rooms start at $120, up to $180 for cabins.
Who as already attending?
Take a look at the Sponsors page to see all the amazing organizations that will be present and the folks that support them. We are welcoming a diverse group of folks from across Alaska to attend and help shape the future by sharing their knowledge, experience and vision.